Saturday, February 27, 2010

SOMETHING PROFOUND

I only have three days left here in Kenya. This being the case, I wanted to write something profound and deep and meaningful. But its been a long day and I cant think of anything.
Today, as long as it was, was a good day though. I moved out of the apartment in Jamuhuri and into the orphanage with the kids for my last few nights. We played like 5672 rounds of UNO, sang and danced and banged on some containers. I hung out with the girls, set up facebooks for some of the boys, got soaked in a HUGE rainstorm, watched a silly movie (monsters vs aliens- I mean really?) played some game that I didnt understand with the really little ones who only speak Swahili and generally had a really good day.
I guess I feel like since I have so little time left it should be filled with big lessons and life changing experiences, but the whole last six months have been filled with those things and to be honest, I'm kind of happy to have just a normal, fun day with my babies. I'm going to miss them, but I'm trying not to think about that too much. Instead, I'm going to focus on making the next two days like this.
Thats going to have to be profound enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment