Sunday, November 15, 2009

THE TOY MARKET

24 october 2009

There was not a toy to be seen anywhere. This is mostly because its not the “toy” market, but the “toy-spelled-differently-in-a-way-that-I-cant-remember” market. It was like a swap meet on steroids. And kind of scary. A dark maze of small stands crammed together and full of goods. Jeans, tops, shoes. Brand names, second hand, and second quality clothing this is where the majority of Kenyans go to buy their clothes. Here you can purchase a pair of sweats and a belt (I've lost some weight and my clothes don't fit anymore) for less than $7. If you like to shop (which I don't) and are easily suckered into things (which I am) this is the place to go. I'm sure that I paid more than a Kenyan would have, but waaay less than I would have at home so I'm ok with it. This is most likely where I will go to purchase the Christmas gifts that I hope to be able to get for the children (would you like to help?) but I think next time I will take a national with me....and for the younger children I will find an actual “toy” market.

No comments:

Post a Comment